Saturday, January 12, 2008

Getting Ready!!

This week Maddie and I were home in Maine, getting the house ready for Camden to come home. There was so much to do, I think I made a huge dent into the to-do-list, with a lot of help from friends and family!!

Camden's crib is set up, and I even switched bedrooms with the kids... yes, the kids get the bigger of the two bedrooms....sacrifices!! Our king sized bed barely fits into Maddie's old room, but it will work for now. My mom, aunt, and uncle helped a lot with cleaning and taking Maddie for an afternoon so I could clean and organize. Andy's aunt Eunice and cousin Jen came down today and they had a huge challenge....I asked them to clean my kitchen. It looks great..THANK YOU!! So things are almost ready. Andy came home Wednesday night on the bus, and had to work today and tomorrow. Then we plan to be back in Boston for the week.

Another amazing thing occurred on Friday night. There was a benefit spaghetti dinner at the EMCC campus for us. It was organized by my good friends Helen and Dora and Christina. They did an amazing job!! Turnout was much more than either of us could have dreamed. It was good to catch up with our friends, and meet people who just wanted to help us out. THANK YOU ALL!!! It was very humbling to know how big our family really is.

Camden has spent the majority of the week being spoiled by his nurses at Children's. He continues on a steady course and things look very promising to bring him HOME on the 22nd. Today he even got a bath and massage from his nurse Jen! I can't wait to have him all to myself (along with the entire family!!) soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We loved helping out a friend. Honestly I have never thought of you as one of my friends but as my big sister. I know that if anything like this happened to Ryan and I's baby you would be there for me. I was proud to help my new nephew and his family out. I enjoyed myself and I can't wait to throw you that baby shower you never had. I love you Tonya, Andy, Camden, and beautiful Madison. You guys deserve the best. Call me if you need anything. Anything at all. Love you, Christina & Ryan

Jana Weaver said...

So glad everything has gone well. Guess I should get to work and make some thank you cards for you to send out. ;-)

Lots of huggs to Maddie and Camden from Auntie Jana and Julia!! We miss you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Tonya, we really enjoyed helping out Saturday...It was GREAT to see all of you on Friday and sooo glad to hear that it was such a success!! Have a good week and we'll be in touch!
Jennifer

p.s. I now know where to go for canned goods in case of an emergency. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, Well the only thank-you I want is my turn with Camden. I want to hold and kiss him. It was great Fri nite.very good meal and the turn out was awesome. Family and friends are wonderful in these times but what is more heart warming is for strangers that want to help too.
We love you all, counting the days for your home coming.
Love Kisses
Aunt Eunice

Anonymous said...

Tonya- it was so good to see you last week, and I am eager for the day when the dust from the chaos settles, and you and I can swap baby stories! Your kids are beautiful, and meeting the little guy in person will be such a treat!
Andy- Ditto on the comment from Christina that you deserve the best...it's nice to see that now you have it! Boy, look at us, all grown up, huh? Can't wait to see you guys come home...let's plan some time to get our families together when you guys are settled in and ready for visitors. In the meantime, keep in mind that we are here for you-whenever, wherever, whatever. That's what friends are for. We're only a phone call away.

See you soon! -the Matsons

firechiefsbride@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Browns. Sounds like things are going smooth and the big day will soon be here. We are very happy that Camden will get to go home soon and I am sure Maddie is just about to bust. Tell Andy thanks for the phone pics and take care for now.

Chris, Theresa, and Clemente Smith.